Another bit of fun from the incomparable
RIDICULOUSLY EASY PEACH CRUMBLE
1 25 ounce jar of peaches in light syrup
1 package yellow cake mix
1 stick butter, cut into 16 pieces
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Layer ingredients in 13/9 inch pan in the order listed above.
- Bake for 40 minutes
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream. Or eat it with a spoon right out of the baking dish.
Note: For a smaller dessert, you can also use:
- 1 tin fruit in light syrup (fruit cocktail, or pears)
- 1/2 pkg. yellow cake mix / 1 c. baking mix mixed well with 1/3 c. sugar
- 1 tsp. sweet spice (ginger, cinnamon, allspice or a mix)
- 1/4 c. butter
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1/4 c. chopped nuts
Prepare as above, in an 8″ cake pan. I used to make such a crumble with fruit cocktail and Bisquick, which we ate often when the kids were young.